• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1088a1 chasing electrical gremlins

Benlin

If this has already been asked then lead me to the post, and thanks.
I have a 1088a1 2004 with Cat 3126, that keeps shutting down from low power to ECM, the alternator is putting out stable power up in the correct range on both 12 and 24. The panel has 28v?? on the pre ignition side and 22v or less on the ignition side, (I have a huge drain on the 24V side in the ignition). I have isolated every single thing I could find, plugging and unplugging every fuse/breaker/relay etc. I could find and the gauge never raises, (has come up into normal operating range a few times but quickly drops again) so something is shutting down the draw and then drawing again. I have found the R15 diode that is right below AUX COOLER K15 is getting very hot. Any thoughts or history with such a demon, would be of great help.

Ronmar

I was going to ask how you determined it was a high load. A bad connection will do the same thing with normal loads…

R-15 is a resistor. On the A1 they did away with the need for 12V and 24v relays, and they used only 12v relays(4 and 5 pin). On the relay circuits that use a 24v source for the coil, they installed resistors to dissipate the excess current. The aux fan relay is always energized like the fan solenoid, unless the fans are engaged, so that resistor will probably get warm…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks