• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

109 gets mo bigga tires

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the last project was 32 days & nights out in the dirt. Logged lots n lots of low-range miles, pretty much tore up the skinny ND tires, though never got a flat. So I upgraded to the 14.5x20 radials on A3 wheels, less the central air stuff. The spare just fits with no room to spare, so to speak. Also, the front canopy couldn't handle serious off road stresses, broke three welds, so I took it off.

Attachments

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its better all around

It rides better, steers easier (I don't understand the physics behind that but it does), and starting out in first gear is more pleasant. And I'm really really glad to be rid of the split rings. These tires have the beadlocks inside so it should be OK to air down in the soft stuff.
I got the tires, wheels, spare tire bracket, misc valve stem hardware, tires mounted on rims, at Jack's Govt Surplus in Tucson.