• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt circuit breaker

riggermedic

I read a post about replacing battery cables and wiring and recall something about a reset able circuit breaker. I ordered one for radio buss in my 1009 that I added (12 volt in back passenger side). I recently upgraded the 12 volt wire that runs from the front battery across the firewall to the 12 volt buss with a 6 gauge wire. My original one was cracking and awfully dry rotted. I have no fusible link now and want to add a circuit breaker here. I may have been slightly inebriated when I read this post.
:beer:[thumbzup]:whistle:aua
Of course now I can't seem to find it.
my question is... What size circuit breaker should I use? I recall something about 75,80,and 100 amp. I have the resistor bypass mod in place for the glow plugs.
thanks for the help
sorry for the extra post

MarcusOReallyus

You'll need an expensive circuit breaker. 100 amps if you have bypassed the resistor with the usual method. They do exist, but they are pricey. See this post for details on that circuit, and a good alternative for a circuit breaker.

riggermedic

Thanks

Yup, that's the exact post I was looking for.
Also found it in the helpful threads:oops:
I was searching under battery cable replacement

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks