• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt light wired to make 24 volt lights

indy4x4fab

Banned
I have 4, 6'' lights I want to put on my 818, but they are 12 volt. If I wire them up so that two of them are wired in series, can i use them with the 24 volt system? I'm wanting them to turn on in pairs any how.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But if one bulb burns out, both lights go out....just like your christmas lights

indy4x4fab

Banned
Cool I thought it would work. A buddy gave me 6, 4.5'' round work likes off of some old d.o.t. road signs when they when threw and replaced them all with l.e.d. lights. So I thought they world look great in the front bumper of the 818, two forward and two angled out the front, and maybe a couple out back and on the sides. For that night time craw, threw the woods.

Gimpy do they make 24volt 4.5'' bulbs?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Christmas lights have to be put up really straight to ensure they work properly and maintain the proper appearance.

Make sure your spotlights are on straight!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks