• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V timing light

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If I wanted to use a 12v induction timing light on a 24v military water proof system, I would use one battery to power, my question is how do I go about getting the induction signal from the water proof plug wires, can I sub a standard plug wire ??????, any thoughts on this, thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use a fabbed up plug wire just to fire it and time it. Whatcha working on? I have a mil timing light I can send you if you like?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My light has the adapter in it, just checked. PM me an address and this will go out priority tomorrow morn.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am going to be changing out a deuce distributor that is in a 6602 NOW for a 6602 distributor TOMORROW, the truck runs great except for no power ( the deuce distributor fits, engine runs great, only turns in wrong direction, so NO advance)

Barrman

Pull the #1 plug wire at the plug. Take a civilian plug wire, cut off the ends and strip off the insulation an inch or so back on both ends. Fold the black wire in the middle back over the outer insulation. Stick one end in the plug and the other into the wire. Tape them together if you have to so they will stay. Hook your timing light to a 12 volt power source separate from the truck and time it like a regular engine.

Or, take Kenny up on his adaptor. It is the same thing I just wrote about except it has ends that screw into the system instead of duct tape in. Watch Ebay for them. They show up every so often. I got one years ago for my M715 and keep it in my M35 Gasser everywhere it goes.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had a gasser tack/dwell, gave it away, no longer had my gasser m52, had the adaptor for the plugs, my 12v light worked great, just was wondering about the wire, tomorrow is the change out, thanks everybody for your help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks