• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

14/20's on stock rims???

illtemper

I know there was a post here somewhere about someone putting 14.00 20's or something on stock 5 ton rims. can't seem to find it,any thoughts. I'm looking to single my m52a2 but the 52's are just too big. lookin at 14's or 395/85's. will either one fit on a stock rim or is that too silly? I've searched ,but most are 52's or combat rims. any help's much appreciated.

Westech

CPL
RE: 14/20

well there asking for it! the tire looks like a balloon with 12.5 x 20 xl's on it and there just a little wider then a 11:00 NDT. And I would like to see some fool stick a 14:00 on a deuce rim and head across country like I have done many times, and see how long that tire lasts. the safe, right thing to do is to get a set of combat rims.

M1075

Westy, are you confusing the deuce and 5 ton rims here? I think the 5 ton stock rim is 2" wider. It can ammodate the larger tires no problem. Here is a picture of Goodyear AT-2A 14R20 on stock 5 ton rims on a M52A2. The offset and tracking front to rear is a little goofy looking. It will work, but as cheap as rims are, I would go with some made to run as singles. I have plenty if anyone needs any.

Attachments

M1075 pm me a price on some combat wheels or what you have for the 5 ton. we are looking to single out 2 trucks so i would be interested in 14 wheels as to have 2 spares. Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1075, are there different versions of those M52 wheels (besides the bridge trucks)?
The ones I had were all only 7.5" wide, same as M35s. :?
As far as I know only the newer series came with 20x10"rims. Don't know about the old 5tons that came singled on 14.00-20 NDCC???? Anyone can clear this?

G.

illtemper

m1075..interested in some rims,but so far they have been cost prohibitive. with tires and rims a couple grand seems to be the going rate,and not in my " budget " at the moment. was just thinking maybe I could get by with just the tires for now,till I can come up with rims. let me know what you want for rims, although shipping might be the prob.

great info here , thanks for the replies.

thanx...Jon

M1075

gringeltaube said:
M1075, are there different versions of those M52 wheels (besides the bridge trucks)?
The ones I had were all only 7.5" wide, same as M35s. :?
As far as I know only the newer series came with 20x10"rims. Don't know about the old 5tons that came singled on 14.00-20 NDCC???? Anyone can clear this?

G.
I have never measured them. :oops: I just remember some Titan literature indicating a difference in width. I do know the 14s will fit on them though.

M1075

illtemper said:
m1075..interested in some rims,but so far they have been cost prohibitive. with tires and rims a couple grand seems to be the going rate,and not in my " budget " at the moment. was just thinking maybe I could get by with just the tires for now,till I can come up with rims. let me know what you want for rims, although shipping might be the prob.

thanx...Jon
Maybe we can trade for a transfer case? :lol: The M52 pictured had FMTV wheels on the front and standard 5 ton rims on the rear. The overall track was close.

illtemper

M1075 said:
illtemper said:

thanx...Jon
Maybe we can trade for a transfer case? :lol: The M52 pictured had FMTV wheels on the front and standard 5 ton rims on the rear. The overall track was close.
oh I think we can work something out ,didn't know if you still needed it. that setup is what I'm lookin to do with mine.

OSO

I have 11 , 14x20 tires mounted up on bridge truck wheels ND tread worn. But rims are good . Out in Washington need to make room.PM if intrested. OSO

emr

the deuce rims say right on alot of them, stamped right in em, 12:00's are the widest for a standard deuce rim...now can some one put something wider on, sure, is it safe ,maybe, if there were an accident and someone found out, there would definetlely be a liability problem...i always go with the manufacture recamondations, although i know there are people smarter than the manufacturers...Im not one of them... :D ...Randy

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am looking at running 14r20s on my m54. how would that work in the rear, converting it from dual to single using stock rims?
Just spend the 50 and buy a combat wheel. Safer and more practical.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am looking at running 14r20s on my m54. how would that work in the rear, converting it from dual to single using stock rims?
You would also just install the wheel like u would the outboard wheel. Face side in. You also need a 1.5inch thick bridge truck apacer to move the wheel out and inline with the front. Or just cut the center of the other wheel out.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk