• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1400x20 tires

M215

Hello SS
1400x20 radial tire question hope you guys can enlighten me. What is the difference between the Michelin and Goodyear 1400x20 radials? The Michelins appear to have a more aggressive tread, but I have been told the Goodyears last longer and ride better. My M813 is used 90% on road so I prefer the longer lasting tires.

emr

The good years have a tighter tread pattern that simply means more life, without going crazy, the michelins have a very wide side wall tread pattern less rubber more wear, I think this is alot more than my opinion this is fact, ,the michelins are a more aggressive tire, they sit and flex more with the same air, that means they will mold over obstacls better hence better traction off road , oh and are directional,, always always means superior traction in one direction, and is made for off road severe conditions, the good years as i repeat myself are a bi directional tire much more of a deul use tire, actually they both are but there are stark differences, as U have noted, they will not wear the same, i am eventually running all goodyears on my 925 since i use it so much, and want all michelins on my 813 because i run it thru the woods every chance i get, to me that is the perfect set up. Oh and one thing that makes life alot more easy, is I have to have my tirtes running in the correct direction, so the michelins i have I had to re mount one to get em going so they will wear,run,and look correct, the goodyears as said are bi directional so they go on and are correct every time, Now in the Mil manual directional tires on trailers are to be mounted in the reverse direction because 1 they need no traction, 2 they wear longer that way.FYI, so its yor decision, and hope this helps, also i have noticed no michelins on all the FMTVs and PLS's here, all bi directional tires and this makes sense, ...all my buddys who have run convoys in Iraq say they / these super singles look cool but remember on the road they swapped there own tires, and in the begining even swapped em in camp, so they hated them, the guys who had deuls ran tripple and more the miles with out swapping em out, just another fyi...remember now in theater if an AC unit is out the vehicle is dead lined...and rightfuly so in my book...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks