• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1600x20 question for M818 Rodney in WI off Ebay

We are looking to purchase some 1600x20 tires from Rodney Feltz who lists on Ebay motors, he's based out of WI. The tires are on Hemmt wheels. We are looking to mount them on one of our M818's and changing out M812 over to the singles. He mentioned the trucks Oshkosh Sales sets up use the same rim style.

1)Has anyone bought from Rodney-What is your experience?
2)Are these rims going to work?
3)Will these rims rub anywhere, is the offset close to being correct for this truck?
4)Will I need to run longer studs on the front?
5)Are you using tapered nuts on the back or just using the wheel stud to hold on the wheels?

Thanks,
Andy

98hd

I"m going to try and get up there sunday, I want to pick up a set.

From what I hear the offset is the best for running the 16's. you will want longer studs up front, and to use front lug nuts on the rears

M1075

Andydieselpower said:
We are looking to purchase some 1600x20 tires from Rodney Feltz who lists on Ebay motors, he's based out of WI. The tires are on Hemmt wheels. We are looking to mount them on one of our M818's and changing out M812 over to the singles. He mentioned the trucks Oshkosh Sales sets up use the same rim style.

1)Has anyone bought from Rodney-What is your experience?
2)Are these rims going to work?
3)Will these rims rub anywhere, is the offset close to being correct for this truck?
4)Will I need to run longer studs on the front?
5)Are you using tapered nuts on the back or just using the wheel stud to hold on the wheels?

Thanks,
Andy
There are two types of HEMTT wheels, split ring and bolt together. Either will work, although the split ring is the closest offset to the M939 series bolt together rims. The bolt together wheels are much thicker plate (2 of them) and you will not get a full seat on your front lug nuts unless you get longer studs.

sidewinder

I did not purchase directly from him but wound with a set of tires XZL 16R20from several people that went up and got a truckload of tires. Things went well in the deal and I can say that the tires were like new
Rob ... _._

thanks!

Ok, the order of wheels has been placed. I'm picking up an M35 in Sparta in a few weeks when my EUC clears and Rodney is going to meet me at the base. I'll load the M35 up with as many wheels that we can cram in the bed and ratchet down. I'll make sure to eat a good meal before loading....
Thanks,
Andy

98hd

I just picked up my set. Rodney wasn't there in person, but I paypal'ed him the money and his nephew loaded me up. He has wheels lying everywhere, and lots and lots of tires.

I'm planning on going back up this summer to see what little gems he has lying around when his yard dries up. It was a mud pit this past weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks