• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$18,000.00 for a 6.5 GM turbo engine!!!!!

Jozseph

The Phrase;

A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted

Comes to mine.

"Turbo 6.5 fully dressed setup from a military prototype vehicle project that was phased out.. Look up ELSORV military vehicle. This from that project. Over 25k new !! The engine was built by Peninsular diesel and produced 300hp@3600 RPM.. and 503ft lbs. torque@2700RPM..! "

6.5 GM Diesel 18K.jpg

Jozseph

FWIW
The 6.5L Stanadyne 310 hp marine injection pump:clinto: is Part Number is DB2831-5722

The suggested lists was $1,695.43 in 2007

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why not, its not their money, they just wanted to play with them for a while. God forbid they do something USEFUL with them.

Refalgren

I was disappointed as well, but at least I got some final pictures in before their final moments. Thus turned another page in the annals of experimental military vehicles...

AirForceOne

There's a slight possibility that the government never actually purchased them. Occasionally stuff goes back to the manufacturer when it didn't get the contract. With the NSNs assigned though, these may have been purchased (although I find the even price odd).

Abbylind

I remember there were some armored suburbans at the DRMO here. We submitted the paperwork for a transfer but it wasnt submitted in time...They ended up at a gunnery range as targets for aircraft. The price on them was $100,000 each back then. Too bad they were fully armored, had 454 engines, winches, and a pop up gun turret on top. All were running with less than 10,000 miles on them....your tax dollars at work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks