• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

19 spline deuce axle shaft's

Delby

Hey guy's been awhile since I've been on here.Great new's though.Finally got a title for my Deuce. Got a puzzler for you guy's. Found some stear axles still in the crate but when I tore into them the shafts were bigger plus they were 19 spline instead of the usual 16 spline. any idea's on what they would have come outta.The housing is identical just the shafts are bigger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Delbert

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
How much bigger? I got some axle seals from ABlinn that were supposed to be for deuce axles and they were just a tad too big to seal around the axle. Could you measure a shaft for us?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting! Pics/dimensions would be greatly appreciated!
Are those CVs or U-joint style? 19 spl. just on the outer stub shaft or both ends?

G.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the answer to this riddle! These, at least the shafts and spiders, are from a V-100. Is it just fronts? Will one be for sale?

Delby

sorry it took me so long to get back to you guy's. yes the inner and outter are 19 spline.there about 3/32 bigger on the inners and about 1/8 on the stub's.I checked with mark over at boyce equipment and he told me that they came out of a armored personel carrier. they do have factory lockers in them already and yes they are u joint style.the housing and everything else is the same as any other duece.and yes i beleive your right on the money whe you said that they were for a V-100. these axles were still in the wooden crates when we got them,the housing's are all stamped 87.Plus i noticed that the tie-rod was also bigger in diameter.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Delby, IIRC only the rears had Detroits and many were removed in the field to alleviate axle breakage. Since these are depot units prolly still locked. Will any of these be available? Can you post pics? As soon as you said 19 spline I knew they were V-100 axles.

Delby

yes these are still locked ( turned one wheel and heard it clicking ) one of them is my buddy's not sure if he want's to sell it. any idea what their worth. I know a regular one is worth between $1000.00 to $1500.00 around here. not trying to act stuck up or anything. Alot of guys around here build rock crawlers with em.

Last edited:

Delby

As far as pictures go I tried taking some with my phone. didn't work out to well,it was to dark in the shop that I had them in.Really can't tell a whole lot of difference between the two kinds until you tear into one of em. They are primered kind of a rusted red color. Still have the plastic plugs in where the brake lines go. Also never had any oil in them yet either.