• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1939 International D-1, 1/2 ton 4x4

70deuce

Not a Dodge from WWII but got a question for the old vehicle experts. Need any info you guys might have on the following. May have found an example of the predecessor to the International M-1-4, the 1/2 ton 4x4 used mostly by the Marines in WWII. No pics yet, didn't have the camera with me but some should follow. Anyways, the truck looks similiar to an M-37, pickup truck with full rounded fenders and a full rounded hardtop. It has M-37 type wheels (5 lug 16" rims). Marmom-Herrington modified the 1939 two wheel drive civilian International D-1 truck into a 4x4 version for the Marines. It appears the following year International produced these trucks in house for the Marines and designated them a M-1-4. If you have the book "US Wheeled Military Vehicles" by Fred Crismon, on page 231 in the 4x4 1/2 ton section, there is a picture of the truck. By the way this book has 470 pages of any US wheeled vehicle you can imagine. Outstanding book.

tamangel

I think this is the truck although classified as a 1939 D-15 4X2 3/4 ton. Think the same truck with a Marmon Herrington 4X4 conversion, 213 C.I., 78 HP motor,a tall, large grill guard. Similar to the '39 GMC ACK-101 and the Dodge T-202..

again, pic on page 231 of crimson's book..

Mike W

Attachments