• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1945 Original DUKW, Saipan, CNMI 1st time in over 70 years for a DUKW to enter CNMI

Island Turtle Tours

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and we own a 1945 DUKW, which we purchased in Chicago last April of 2016. She is a beautiful piece of history and now resides on Saipan, CNMI which is a very tropical and beautiful island out in the Pacific up above Australia and in-between the Philippines and Hawaii. The island used to be run by the Japanese before WWII, but the battle of Saipan in 1944 put an end to that and brought the CNMI under US control and run as a US territory until like 1955 when the CNMI gained its own freedoms and became a commonwealth of the united states of which it still is today. With all the historical significant's of the islands we thought it would be awesome to bring an original DUKW here for people to ride instead of just seeing rusted reminiscences of days gone past. Our vessel's name is Woody and here she is going into the pacific ocean on the Philippine side for the 1st time. She ran GREAT, and we had no issues during our trips out into the water or running around the island. I hope you enjoy this little piece of historical significance for the CNMI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsf5w69dPNk take care and thank you for watching, sharing and enjoying with us.
P.S. I am looking for large printouts of the original DUKW drawings: schematic 402 series, if anyone has those or something similar, please message me. 8)
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012519849571

AZDeuce

Very nice! I hope she brings you years of enjoyment, THANKS for sharing the video, I drove a restored DUKW, as a reward for painting her, I got to spend about half and hour behind the wheel on one of our local lakes, the ocean would have been more fun, but I was content being privileged to operate it on water, made for a great memory, and a great set of photos. I hope your business venture goes well. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks