• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1948-52 willys

Zero_cool

Hey guys i have a 1948 willys i was told that it was an old postal truck? ( not sure what do you think )... the motor i was told is a 1952...I striped the motor down to the block and am putting back together and need some bolt torqe specs. Anyone know what bolts need to be torqed to what ft.lbs
or where i can get this info? Thanks for the help

Attachments

Last edited:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
some pictures of the motor would help. from the looks of the hood it appears it was modified for a over head valve engine to fit under there.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no. 48-52 came with a flat head L-134 go devil. 2.2 could be from a Ford Pinto.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If no specs are available, there are tables on the 'net listing torque specs based on the bolt dimensions and thread pitch. These specs should provide a safe substitute.

Good find and congrats!

Rick

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew it would be an F-134 when I saw the hood scoop. That was a common bubba mod done to old flat-fenders to allow the taller engine to bolt into the lower CJ-2 and CJ-3A jeeps. The F-134 was meant for the CJ-3B and CJ5 series jeeps. Also, the M38A1 had that engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks