• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1955 curtis wright m35?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most everythint Lindsey. If the Curtiss Wright is a gasser then that stuff will be different as will the tranny. Gasser front fenders are different but can be used if need be. Any thoughts on what you would like to swap to the M35?

bigmech

THanks for the info. It is a gasser and seems to be in great shape. It is a water tanker that a local fire dept had. I need a radiator and would also like to convert my shorty m35 into a all wheel steer! I don't have to use anything if somebody wants it. I'm the high bidder and it looks like evryone else thinks it scrap. It is very clean and straight and was driven two months ago according to the caretaker. If I win it do you know of a radiator for swapping material . I can't believe that it would fit mine, but there has been a few things I can't believe that still happen with these cool trucks.Will the front axle be the same as my m35?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front axle to be the same with the exception that it might have a different style axle joint. . Was the tank added or is it an original tank? The truck sounds interesting.

lacoda56

I'd kinda hate to see a another complete deuce cut up for parts when there's so many parts units around. Radiators can be found but 51 year old trucks are getting harder to find every day. I know ya can't save em all, but that's that's the way an old fart see's it.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
While I firmly believe that when one buys an object, its their's to do with as they will, but I tend to be with you on this lacoda56 - try to find a gasser - all stock - much harder than one would think. Even tougher, an unadulterated M35A1.

Regards,
David Doyle

bigmech

It was on the gsa auction and I got sniped I was trying to steal it for $400, man being cheap doesn't always pay off. I don't know if the tank was an add on or not the guy that answers questions was short on the other ytrucks I had to ask about and cut me off after 10 minutes. I did get a M50A2 at least thats what was listed . It sure looks like a M35 with a side trop bed that was added. THe bed looks to be differently painted and newer, so I guess it could be possible. anyway it has a trans with a couple of gears that don't work so I won that . I figured the engine had to be good if they said the trans isn't. I will probably use it for parts to finish my two trucks. Sorry if that makes a few sick . but money is still money! I did get a 1983 chevy 2 wheel drive diesel pick up with a 4 speed that runs good. I'm going to sell that to pay for the trip to pick up the duece.

ida34

I was looking at those two but with Christmas coming up I could not partake. I also did not want to travel to Gaylord to get them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks