1966 CJ-5 to M38A1 Clone Build

Flyboy207

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here, I’m hoping to reverse-engineer a unit number and registration number for my project. Does anyone have a listing of units stationed at Camp San Luis Obispo (or Camp Roberts) which I could formulate bumper numbers for? I’d like a local touch on my Jeep, and I need to get the info soon so I can tell the people I’m buying paint masks from what to send me.

Thank you!

DeetFreek

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here, I’m hoping to reverse-engineer a unit number and registration number for my project. Does anyone have a listing of units stationed at Camp San Luis Obispo (or Camp Roberts) which I could formulate bumper numbers for? I’d like a local touch on my Jeep, and I need to get the info soon so I can tell the people I’m buying paint masks from what to send me.

Thank you!

Current listing of stationed units there:
Screenshot_20220508-084057_Chrome.jpg

DeetFreek

Thanks DeetFreek!
I can definitely look up some markings for those units. Is there a way to also look up what would have been there in the ‘50s?
For poops and giggles I had went to the wiki page for the Camp during my initial search, there's nothing really listed unit wise for the 50's, only the WWII era units.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks