• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1966 International Pickup USN

mattmonrovia

My Pop and i have a 66 International that has a nomenclature inside, so it must have been a Military truck at one time. He ( being a Marine) wants to paint it OD and stencil USMC on the doors to drive some Marines in an upcoming parade in our home town.
I need to locate a source for a new windshield, combat tires (7.00 x 15 lt), and other items. If you can give me any ifnormation on how to locate the needed items, I would be very apprereciative.
Thank you for any help you can give.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love to see some pics of that truck!

Windshields, best bet is to call a w/s place and see if they can help. Otherwise, eBay or a junkyard.

Not sure what tires style were original to your truck, but it wasn't NDT or NDCC as used on the tactical vehicles. 7.00x15 is an obsolete tire size. If you want modern tires, best size is 215/60-15 or so. However, Universal Tire does make original size tires in the old styles, you can try there...

https://www.universaltire.com/truck-and-military/truck.html

mattmonrovia

Thanks
I think I found a windshield from a local vendor, tires are next on the chopping block along with side mirrors and bumpers front and rear. I'll take some pics of the truck and put them up.

cbvet

FYI- SeaBees got several Internationals in 'Nam in 1967-1968. There was a shortage of M37s & 715s. I think the fleet Navy & the Air Force had them too.
Never saw any with Marine markings, but who can say.............

A

A/C Cages

I have a 1967 INT 908B model series pickup that my stepdad bought brand new for only $2113.00. That was expensive back then. Still runs like a champ today with a little rust here and there. Im going to have it redone and give it to my son when he is old enough to drive and since hes only 6, I have plenty of time. lol

gerrykan

A/C Cages,
Click on the link below for an image of a USN/USMC 4x4 International from the Life Magazine photo collection taken in 1963 at Guantanamo Bay.
Click on
"Back to image details" under the photo and you will get a page with a smaller version of the photo, and a sidebar on the right that will have some other photos related to the subject.

LIFE: Guantanamo Bay - Hosted by Google

A

A/C Cages

Pretty kool pics there... My INT was never a MV it was a true farm work horse until it was stuck up in the barn and forgot about along with many other peices of farm machinery he forgot about till the tornado ripped apart the rear part of the barn. Cleaned out the barn and found a goldmine. lol

michigandon

My '61 Travelette was never a military truck, but I suspect that it may have been a Forestry Service truck (I found "puke green" underneath the Allis Chalmers orange). Since not only is the utility box that's currently on it of no use to me, it's also seen better days. Then there's also the fact that the chances of finding an original IHC Travelette pickup box on this side of the Mississippi that isn't going to crumble into cornflakes if I as much as sneeze on it are slim to none (and Slim just caught the last train for the coast :(). Therefore, my plan is to replace it with a shortened bed from an M101a2 trailer. I was originally going to leave it orange with black fenders like it is now (think Milwaukee Road railroad maintenance truck :mrgreen:), but the wife wants me to paint it 383 green. Soooo.....I'm shooting for a look that is somewhere between a tactical vehicle and a safari truck. The Dodge Crew Cab in indy4x4's avatar is what I'm using for inspiration and a benchmark. [thumbzup]

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab94/northcarolinadon/STUFF027.jpg
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab94/northcarolinadon/STUFF026.jpg

Last edited:

papercu

Well I was going to say good job until I spotted the M60 on the pipe stand. Now all I can say is Good Grief MOVIE TRUCK. Wayne

papercu

A play gun? And I was thinking movie truck was as low as I could go. Now it not even period correct. Thanks for the catch. Wayne