• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1972 m-813

my blood flows OD

I bought this truck back in November. My plan is to bring it back to OD paint (behr house paint) and stock bed.(vintage iron hooked me up with that) and bolt 1600s on HEMTT rims. (I got 7 rims and 2 tires need 5 more tires). This truck will look completely different late this spring. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

my blood flows OD

I bought the truck off a guy that had bought it off the Chester NH fire department a few weeks prior to selling it to me. The truck says tanker 2 on the door so I'm assuming it had a tanker body. This thing is super clean. No rust except on the battery boxes.
This should be a easy project. She runs, drives, steers, and stops perfect.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Don't want to be David Downer but hope you live in a flat part of NH, the big tires look good, but will suck the speed out of your truck on any kind of incline. This coming from a guy who did it in Kansas, I put on 15.5 X 20 Michelin pilots on my M818 and ended up running 11X20 Goodyear G177's, dropping down to {30 on the flint hills was all it took.

On the paint make sure you get a good scuff during prep, I missed a few spots on my yellow M880 and you can now see where I didn't.2cents #48

Last edited:

my blood flows OD

I was told the same thing about putting 14.00 on my bobbed duece. I didn't find that to be to bad. A little under powered but I kinda dig that. I got bikes if I want to go way to fast. 168 mph, yep I got a speed problem. So it's nice driving things that make you slow down. It's good for your soul to slow down and sing old campfire tunes at the top of your lungs cause you have no radio. " oh grandmas in the cellar, goodness can't you smell her"
Besides I like getting Prius owner stuck behind me on big hills. I'm probably only making them late getting home and eat Tofu.

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
late to there Hillary rally.[/QUOTE said:
The mods have banned all posts involving politics, I suggest you remove that before they get on your case.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did not offend me, I could not agree more, just trying to keep newbies out of trouble.

71DeuceAK

That's the reaction I get when I tell friends I want a Deuce or 5 ton as a daily driver. "You're gonna get like 5 MPG!"
"Everyone will be flipping you off on the freeway!" etc. I personally enjoy them laughing at me, since I can imagine I'll have the last laugh later when my truck can do things other vehicles can't...

my blood flows OD

I've never been flipped off driving an MV. in fact quite the office you'll see a lot of thumbs up.
The only time I've ever had anyone give me an attitude while driving green iron was,
One time back when I had I bobbed deuce on 1400s. I was at the laundry mat. To hippie college girls walked by and saw the truck. They walked in the laundry mat and demanded to know, "who's truck is that"? it was only me and one other guy in the place and He had a car.
So I calmly asked"which truck?"
and she said "The big one".
I said "oh that? That's mine."
she said "me and my friend were wondering who needs to drive a truck that big to do laundry!"
to which I responded, " I do, this guy right here."
Then she asked me if there was something wrong with me. I said " oh yeah there's a lot of things wrong with me. as a matter of fact there are so many things going on inside my head that if you and your friend knew about you would not sleep at night.
she quickly changed her tone, made a couple of little small chat comments, and promptly left.

71DeuceAK

Your story made me chuckle. Everyone who says I'll be unpopular doesn't really have the up-close and in-person experience with MVs that enthusiasts like us do. In my case, I wanted one because of how well they do offroad but it was a quick, slippery slope to deciding I'd have an old pre-LMTV surplus military 6X6 as my daily driver and errand runner and commuter car.

We'll see what the university parking attendants think of a Deuce or 5 ton parked on campus...:lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks