• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 M1009 recovery

FullMetalJacket

IMG_20130718_192639_542.jpgIMG_20130718_150039_258.jpgIMG_20130718_150049_734.jpg
Just recovered this 1984 CUCV from the Delaware National Guard. It was used as a promotional vehicle until it was damaged in an accident. Interior was coated in bed liner and exterior has been wrapped in digital camo. Now it's time for the body work and restoration to begin.

Attachments

nyoffroad

I like it! Are your going to keep the digital camo? I'm sure it would be a challange to match but would be cool.
Is that left rail damaged bad? ( dosn't look it) It's been a long time since I've used it but I think I still have an old frame book with all the measerments, let me know if you need some.

K9Vic

The digital camo is likely just a 3M wrap, so it can be cloned by any good sign shop that does wraps.

The damages likely did not affect the frame, but never can tell just by looking at it. I would suggest a frame shop or body shop with the old frame machines check it out. I had a Crown Vic with minor fender damage and found out the frame was off slightly when I had it checked, only cost me like $100 to get it pulled back in place.