• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 5/4 Ton Chevy Pickup

beanman1

is the bracket broke by the tab on the front of the block
cause thats were mine broke i took it off and welded it the cause of the break was because the is a bolt on the backside of it was missing causing way too much pressure on the front tab put new bolt in problem solved

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
recently purchased real clean 1985 M1008. any ideas on how to find a power steering bracket for 1985 5/4 Chevy Pickup 6.2dl.
Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

First place to visit is the CUCV Forum and at the top of the page is the CUCV Wiki. It has links to all of the Technical Manuals and a bunch of info about the trucks. You will see people talk about the -10, -20, -34 manuals.

The -10 is the Operators Manual, -20 is the Unit Maintenance, and the -34 is the Direct Support Manual. The parts are list in the -20p and -34p manuals.

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Second visit needs to be the CUCV FAQ Thread. Alot of part numbers, tips, tricks...etc

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

Third - Almost every question you will have, has been covered already. Search/Advanced Search will become your friend.

I am not saying not to ask questions. Please do.

You can get a new P/S bracket from GM for around $25. Part #14033879

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks