• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 M1009 front axle question...

mr.travo

Ok-

I am trying to get my parts list together and get started on my front end of the Blazer. I am ordering my parts from Rock Auto and running with Moog. I have used them in the past and understand they are the best.

Anyway--

I am wanting to do:

Ball joints (all)
Axle shaft u-joint (both)
Tie rod ends (all)
New drag link
New bushings (all)
Front bearings (both)
Steering stabilizer

I am still trying to find the front axle seals. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Also- am I missing anything? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Travo

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's three seals per side. One near the diff to hold the gear oil in. One at the inner part of the spindle to keep water/dirt out of the hubs. And one at the wheel hub to seal the bearings.

Diff axle seals
Axle Shaft Seal - Front | 1985 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD 8 Cylinders H 5.0L 4BL OHV | AutoZone.com

Spindle seal
Axle Spindle Seal | 1985 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD 8 Cylinders H 5.0L 4BL OHV | AutoZone.com

Front wheel seal
Wheel Seal - Front | 1985 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD 8 Cylinders H 5.0L 4BL OHV | AutoZone.com

mr.travo

Thank you Patracy! I wonder if I can get them from rock auto as well?

My parts list so far:

Wheel joints front axle PN 371 (x2) $13.97 each
Drag link sleeve PN 4251002 $15.01
Tie rod PN ES2027L $25.79
Tie rod PN ES2026R $25.79
Tie rod PN ES2234R $26.79
Tie rod PN ES2233L $30.99
Ball joint upper PN K8194T (x2) $28.99 each
Ball joint lower PN K8195T (x2) $25.79 each
Steering stabilizer PN SSD15 $37.79
Bushings front axle (trying to find good one for money on site)
Front bearings (trying to find complete kit)

Travo

AECS

I know this is dragging up an old post, but I am assuming that with the seals for the Diff oil being at the diff I should not worry that when I pulled the axle to do my ball joints that there was no oil and the shaft was dry? I pulled the fill plug and it was full, I guess I was thinking it was like the rear where there is oil all the way to the end...

mr.travo

Correct. If you have fluid coming out it would be time for new seals. I had to do mine on my Blazer since one side starting leaking. Not too hard of a task though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks