• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 m1009

greene1564

I have a 1986 m1009 the blazer starts perfect in the mornings or if you shut it off just for a couple of minutes it starts back up but if it sits for 10 min it will not start with out giving it a shot of starting fluid then it starts right up and runs great...The original fuel filter base was cracked so I replaced with a baldwin spin on filter setup and put a inline check valve in before the filter to keep fuel from bleeding off but I have not had any change the truck has been doing the same thing for about six years now and I would like to be able to drive it without carrying a can of starting fluid with me everywhere I go If someone can please help me I would appreciate it

Thanks
Sam

kennyw

Can you restart after it completely cools off without trying the ether? I had an '84 Suburban that used to do that and it ended up being a bad fuel shut off solenoid inside the IP. It would heat soak after you shut down the motor and would not turn the fuel back on until the motor cooled off completely.

greene1564

Can you restart after it completely cools off without trying the ether? I had an '84 Suburban that used to do that and it ended up being a bad fuel shut off solenoid inside the IP. It would heat soak after you shut down the motor and would not turn the fuel back on until the motor cooled off completely.

Yes after i cools off for about two or three hours I can hit the glow plugs and it fires right up does not even take one full revolution before it fires and goes