• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 k10 700r

Status
Not open for further replies.

cucvrus

I always see people wanting 700 R transmissions. I have a 1987 Chevrolet K10 4 X 4 pickup on my lot for about 10 years. It is completely stock and has a bad 305 gas engine in it. It has the complete 700R set up in it. Is this something that would be useful to some one? I wanted to convert the entire truck into a 1/2 ton CUCV wannabe pickup. I have everything but the ambition. Please let me know if this is something that is useful or useless. The truck drove fine when I parked it. I just looked at it again. It would make a sweet pick up for someone that has a rust bucket m1009 that they want to have a pick up. Let me know about the usefulness of the transmission. it is all there.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needs the diesel throttle cable and linkage, diesel torque converter and governor.

Worth something to somebody.

fitz

700R4 tranny's sell for $200-$250 here in Mass.
The hard part to find for those looking to swap a 700R4 trans into a CUCV is the TV bracket.
The 6.2 uses a different bracket than the gas engines
Is the K10 a short bed?
It would be cool to have a short bed CUCV clone.
Any pictures of the truck?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not turn this into a want/for sale ad. Those belong in the classifieds.

cucvrus

It was only a question. I will just scrap it when the time comes. I was trying to help out again. They are giving $500. for complete trucks here in PA. I am not looking for work. So I don't even want to pull the tranny. Thank you. I will be careful to in the future asking questions that are not pointed and mis-leading. I am sure the TV bracket would be something that can be fabbed. Never saw one that I noticed. I did part out several civilian pickups that had 6.2 700R transmissions in them.

Csm Davis

Hey Warthog I have a small gripe, yes I think this should be a classified add but we can't reply to an add like this and you as a mod do ask questions about adds. How is this fair to the rest of us?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Problem solved.

Stop trying to skirt the rules and use the classifieds. Period.

Thank you for your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks