• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 usaf 193rd dodge ram 50/ mighty max

Crazycripp

hello,
i just bought a 1987 dodge ram 50, or d-50, and was wondering how it was painted when it was still in use by the USAF? i have been trying to find pictures of one but i cant find any. im trying to restore this truck and can use any help you can give me!
thanks!

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ciolor was called strato blue. It was a semi gloss paint. Body and bumpers were all the same color most of the time. Occasionally, the bumpers were painted white.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most likely it was painted whatever dark blue dodge had in 1987. i use to sell fords and Chevys to the air force back then and they bought stock vehicles in whatever dark blue we had. They also bought a few white ones.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a few white D50 trucks on GL.

Here's a blue one.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks