• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2" Lift blocks for M1008

Boilermkr84

Ok So fist of all, I just bought the truck on a local auction near my home. The truck was a work truck for a big plantation and just recently they liquidated a mojarity of the assets. So I picked up the truck for 1,200 bucks. I baught the truck as a non running truck and got her going after bypassing the glow plug controller when I got it home. Furthermore I dont know a hole heck of alot ablou these particular trucks but I do already have a K5 blazer that I have tinkered with for the past few years.

If your still reading, my intention is to re shoe the truck with a set of 36 military tires i picked up this weekend for 300 buck.

My milestones are that the truck turns doesent have alot of room in the fenderwells. I was thinking about trimming the fenders back to the inner fender and adding some 2" 1/2 blocks but I had a concern or two. one being will the steering arm coming off the power steering box have to be altered (raised up were the 3 wedge nuts are located) to work right. second being will the tires have enough clearance after I do these altercation.

My intention is to not have to buy a 4 or 6 inch lift because of the high cost and hopefully this would be fairly easy and cheap..

Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks