• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5/ 5 Ton bed Cover

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the new owner of a camo bed cover, it is still folded up in storage but I will go get it this week. Does one cover fit both the 21/2 ton as well as the 5 ton bed?
James G.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I thought that 2.5ton used 5 bows and the 5ton used 6 bows, so I would assume it is longer. I am sure those with more exp. will chime in a bit.

jasonjc

the 2 1/2 and 5 ton's have diferent beds and need diferent covers. The cabs covers are the same thought. Some have cut down the 5 tons to fit the 2 1/2 tons

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Believe the 5 ton bed is 14' vs. 12' for a deuce.

A 5 ton cover can be used on a deuce, a few of our members have done it, Houdel and I believe MassM35A2. Look in the photo albums and you can see the excess on the front of the bed.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will measure it today, it is one of the newer covers, it has the roll up straps on the sides along with zippered windows on the end curtins, it is made out of the same rubber type material my last M101 cover is. I did notice a couple of pretty large rust stains on it as I was folding it up, I will post a photo. Hopefully it will for a 5 ton.
James G.

Westech

CPL
The 5 ton is a 14 foot bed. The short wheel base is 12 foot (same as a deuce) So if you want to use a 5 ton cover on a deuce you will need to fold it or cut it. I have a cover from a 5 ton for my Deuce and I plan on cutting it to fit. Not a very hard thing to do just need to be able to sticth it back together. I will have pics and such later this winter.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I measured by cover it is for a Deuce, it's the new rubberized cover in three color camo, in great condition, anyone want to swap, I need the long one for my 543a2 I think?
James G.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rumplecat, PM sent.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has bow pockets, and I was going to fab up some long verticals for the bows, it should work for over head cover at least.
James G.

jatonka

From what I have been told, all tactical trucks have pockets or appurtanances for cargo covers. I know my M543A2 has them, as do my M50A2 water tanker and my M109A3 has clips to hold the uprihts to support the cover. They say the idea was to camoflage all the trucks in a convoy to look a lot alike by air so that critical trucks wouldn't be singled out for attack. Comments? JT

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen that in some publication, I think it was mainly for the benefit of the fuel truck , anyway I plan on trying it out!
James G.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, protecting fuel trucks is very high on the list of assets that you want to protect (or target) depending on who's side your on. The battle field runs on fuel. Without it, the battle is lost before the first shot is fired.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks