• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M37s Saved from the scrapper

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got a call from a friend today...said he was at a scrap yard (that belongs to a friend of ours) saying that someone has just brought in two army lookin trucks:whistle:

After a couple of minutes of totally silly description...I figured they were M37s. Asked how much I could get them for...friend paid 12 cents a pound and said I could get them for 15cents a pound...had fire dept stuff on them.

I said..."bring em to Papa"...he did. Paid 1800 bucks for both of em...delivered.

Once ya get past the peeling paint and stuff added on, these trucks are in really good condition...betcha we have the first one running Saturday!
(Maybe not driving...broken D/S axle).

Attachments

Danger Ranger

On a more serious note:

Please don't take this the wrong way...

Maybe this was UglyRanger's last gift to the MV World, and you PB. It isn't my place but I would dedicate one or both to him. Congrats on the save. Thank you PapaBear.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
On a more serious note:

Please don't take this the wrong way...

Maybe this was UglyRanger's last gift to the MV World, and you PB. It isn't my place but I would dedicate one or both to him. Congrats on the save. Thank you PapaBear.
Proud American was and will always be Uglyranger's truck.
He told the story and supervised the build of the tribute truck and he was there the day Proud fell...she is his.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

A man can never have too many trucks PB...

Anyhow, great job, and WM you need to GET A THREAD, then update us....momma always told me not to play mind games.:roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
A man can never have too many trucks PB...

Anyhow, great job, and WM you need to GET A THREAD, then update us....momma always told me not to play mind games.:roll:
DR, Ugly and I have a long history. I had an M37, running, driving, stopping, blasted and primed waiting in the shop to get painted...then lettered as Daughter of Darkness.

There was a terrible fire (Nov 17th 2007) and the truck was melted beyond recognition in the fire along with a WC21, and most of everything else I owned...except wreckers.

Uglyranger said...don't try to build that truck again...so I will not.

DeucesWild11

That was a great Save! Don't people know there is a market out there for old trucks like this. That's like going to scrap a model A or T.. I think I know of one of these trucks sitting in the woods, pretty bad shape but if I am up in that area again soon I will ask the neighbors and see what it is and perhaps someone here will want it. They may just want it off the property and out of the woods..

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I am always at the wrong place at the wrong time........... Good save Papa Bear.........:jumpin::mrgreen::-D:driver:[thumbzup]:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good job, bringing them home! What's the plan of action, restore or drive as is.
Actually, there is no plan!:roll:

I just couldn't let these trucks end up in China and come back as some kinda unrecognizable POS. :cookoo:

They are both in MUCH better condition than the one I started with...which is now pretty nice.:-D

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't have them running yet?

Zout would have them half painted by now...:jumpin:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you need parts for you parts trucks there are two sitting behind the VFD near me.....I left my contact info on a dead possum I hung from the door but they haven't called me back.

Next time I'm by there I'll check on them again.