• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M915's to the scrapper

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have mentioned this on a couple of threads but I hate to see good stuff take a slow boat to China.

An old logger buddy of mine recently bought two M915's without previewing or consulting me (he knows I have one in my yard).

Turns out they are both basket cases and were abused by DRMO and GL (go figure:roll:).

He was going to take it to the scrapper Monday but a fellow member wants parts so he may hold off if he smells more than scrap price.

He has stripped the one at his yard and will prob part the other one out if the engine is FUBAR. He is going to pick the other one up next week.

I am helping him get rid of the parts since 915 parts can be hard to find.

He will pull the parts but expects the price to reflect his labor.

I'm not making any cash on this deal but did get some parts I needed for my truck.

I can deliver parts to the GA Rally and send them to non-attendees via SS Express if someone is headed your way. Or I will store them at my place until shipping can be arranged after payment is made to him.

Parts spoken for are:

Complete cab and fenders

Shifter tower (had the Cat tranny in it) and air line

Exhaust manifold

Spare tire carrier and crane

5th wheel (may be for sale)

Turbo

Starter

Items left:

Instrument panel and guages

Front and rear axles

Cat Transmission (he says it was shifting when the engine went bad)

400 Cummins block (engine ran good and then water got into oil)

Injector pump

Speedometer/tach ( tach was not working)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Someone already asked about that.....I dont think that truck had one.....I'll check the other one when it gets here.....strangely enough the emblem my M915 is missing too. It may be that they were removed when the trucks were rebuilt or left off when accident damage was repaired.

An enigma wrapped in a mystery.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Jeff,

PM me what you think they are worth and I'll make the offer to him....remember he has to remove the parts and we have to get them to you. Should be someone from the GA Rally headed your way. A pic of the 3rd member would help so I am sure we are on the same sheet.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate hearing about MVs going to the wrecking yard, but if they are bad enough, as long as the parts get saved hopefully some others will be spared the same fate. Good show, WM.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they have good radial tires? Are they tubeless(tubeless rims have only 2 holes)? I'm looking for a set of 11 tires and rims at near scrap prices!

btw, oil/water issues on these trucks, is commonly just the oil cooler core gone bad($150 to replace).

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
WM i hope you grabbed the breaker panel for your truck! I'm bringing my electrical toy box to the rally if your still having issues with that breaker wee can all put our heads together and sort it out.[thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Doghead....the trucks were dragged around untill the rear tires blew out (no kidding I wish I had pics)....he is using the front tires on a log trailer.

As of today the truck is headed to the boneyard....he needed money so I could not get a reprieve for it. If I had the cash it would be sitting in my LZ right now waiting on the red wrench.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh well, Thanks for trying anyways.

Ripcord01

I dont see how he got top dollar for anything. I scrapped two trailer today and got pocket change. The Chinese are to smart to pay overrated prices for scrap anymore. So the scrappers are happy to take our iron and sell it to make a huge profit. They are thieves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks