• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 More -A3s from Blount

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a little ride today! Got up and bugged out about 0315 hrs and headed up to Orlando to meet up with Pinz25086. He met with the AR folks and completed the journey of 27 LDS pistons/sleeves. Met with Wayne about 0600. From there I headed up to Blount Island Marine Corp Terminal to fetch my last M116A3 and Carnac's M101A3. Other than having to wait for them, the event was uneventful. Had them stack me up and went on my way. No cameras on the Island, took these from home!

Attachments

Nonotagain

Looks like you had some unloading help when you got home.

The only issue I encountered when I did the same recovery two weeks ago was that the trailers rocked side to side a little on rough roads.

The folks at Blount never said anything about cameras, so I grabbed a couple of shots of the loading and left the base.

If I had a large truck I could have removed a Hemtt and no one would have said a word.

Good to hear that you encountered no problems Kenny.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a little washy at first. Taking the tires up to 50PSI seemed to fix that. Since I had rehearsed the loadout, once the second trailer was on, I was headed down the road in 5 minutes. The 24V lights were a little dim on 12V but worked non-the-less. Steve, I've not really looked at these 2 but one of the other ones did have a crusty MC. Tomorrow I'll unload them and try for a couple of pics!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's got to be involved in everything. That is one of the rare times he is seen without his mechanix wear gloves on!