• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 Pin Connector

gusto1

I have a M52A2 with a 2 pin connector behind the passenger door that is wired to the batteries.

Is this to jump the truck off if it's batteries are dead?:?:

Wolf.Dose

This is the classical jump start connector. It is to jump start the truck with low batteries. But it will not put your batteries to live again, if they are definately dead.
This receptical in Germany is called "Scheineschnauze" or pig nose in English.
There are adapters available from the modern center plus type to the classic type.
They are available in Germany for about 10 Euros as surplus.
Wolf

Militoy

This is the classical jump start connector. It is to jump start the truck with low batteries. But it will not put your batteries to live again, if they are definately dead.
This receptical in Germany is called "Scheineschnauze" or pig nose in English.
There are adapters available from the modern center plus type to the classic type.
They are available in Germany for about 10 Euros as surplus.
Wolf
Seems like a better word for pig nose would be "Schweinnase". You can buy a new slave cable for charging, jump-starting or running auxiliary equipment for between around $75 and $120. As Wolf writes, an adapter to the newer-style NATO recepticle (with the single center pin) is also available. There are also military battery chargers and generators set up with the same connector to slave directly to the vehicle recepticle for charging.

Wolf.Dose

We call it in Germany "Scheineschnauze". Of course the translation from Pig nose means Schweinenase. However I never heard an US Army expression about these connectors, so my translation to English is my version and not neccessarily the correct one.
Center pin starting cables in complete useably condition are around 100 Euro.
Wolf from Germany

emr

I have a battery charger connected to an extra slave end, and it works just fine,and there is no way it could not work, u can charge or jump/slave start thru this connection, but like an above post is recomending, U need to do alot of reading before u get up to spead, this site offers it all, so look up the tm's and do your homework, its worth it,,,,funny ... here in the liberal state of New Jersey, the Guard units have a new rule as of a year or two ago, "we will not use the term SLAVE to jump start a vehicle from this time on....what a bunch of nit wits......Randy

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The flux capacitor comment is a good point.

If you are going to operate a military vehicle, at least read the TM. The life you save maybe your own or your kids or my kids in the back of the mini-van.

Militoy

...funny ... here in the liberal state of New Jersey, the Guard units have a new rule as of a year or two ago, "we will not use the term SLAVE to jump start a vehicle from this time on....what a bunch of nit wits......Randy
Here in the Uberliberal state of Kalifornia, they have prohibited the use of the terms "master" and "slave" to describe computer terminals in government and school systems! "Reeedikkillus"!roflMay as well switch to "Newspeak" right now.