• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 questions .

Rocco

My brakes are acting funny,
It starts out fine the first push of the pedal
than the next push the pedal gets higher and higher up to where the pedal
does not really move down any more but the brakes still work and the brakes keep pressure
and keep braking when I don't need them to.
Whats going on?
Oh And has anyone ever seen exhaust smoke coming out of the oil fill?
I thought it was a stuck valve but they all seem to be moving properly
I took off the valve covers and noticed that the smoke was coming from
down next to the piston cylinders next to the push rods.
why?
Thanks.

Jones

We were talking about this on a thread on airpacks. They don't always bleed off and the brakes stay partially applied. Or it could be junk in your master cylinder that's keeping the fluid from returning to the resv.
Unless it's billowing black smoke, a little blow-by is what you're seeing. Normal with most all earlier engines before the days of PVC valves; although it should be routed out through the road breather. Check that to see if it isn't plugged.

acetomatoco

get some OHt into the booster and siphon all the old brake fluid out of the mc... and refill and bleed thru the booster til you get a good clean stream... Make sure the piston rod in the MC is not binding and the piston returns all the way to the released position...also be sure the vent on the mc is clear.

dirtyfingernails

I had the same problem. I'd check for obstructions in the reservoir as Ace suggests first. My problem was that the push rod was adjusted incorrectly and prevented pressure release. Follow the instructions in the TM for proper adjustment--they are informative and simple to perform. Also, as Ace indicated, check your vent--make sure it's open.

Rocco

The vent tube is open you can see plenty of smoke coming out of it.
I have a brand new master cylinder same thing going on
It's got to be the air pack.I think?
Where at in the TM?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks