• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2" to 3.5" Kingpin collar dims

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that need it - Here are the dims for machining a collar to allow you to pull a civi semi-trailer, having a 2" King pin with your LET, MET or HET that has a 3 1/2" fifthwheel.

These can be acquired from the UK or even Australia though since they are NOT HIGHWAY LEGAL you will need a suitable "friend" to get one.

There is a +ve clamp when it is bolted together - either saw your turned billet in half - kerf width being clearance, or machine the two billet halves with a 2.5mm shim sandwiched between the two.

Kingpin collar.jpg

NB. The one I have came from the UK but I had to machine a little to achieve the 13.9 dimension a bit, since it would not go on my trailers kingpin. Not easy, I think it was hardened and I burnt up some lathe tools before resorting to a small grinding wheel! So check your "@" dimensions.
I guess I could do the "standard" conversion if anyone needs it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks