• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2000 M1123 Fuel Sending Unit Test Procedure

dlr2112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Day All-
I purchased a 2000 M1123 last September and it arrived this February. Since it's arrival I've been replacing a bunch of parts (all the rubber hoses, fuel pump(s), injectors, 1/0 electrical cable, etc). Before this work, my fuel gauge was operational. I removed the gage cluster when the truck was repainted, but when I reinstalled the gauge panel, I must've "Reversed" the wires in the fuel gage because it looks like it "Pegged" counter clockwise (or far below "E"). Are these gages polarity sensitive? Is there a chance I damaged the sending unit? I ordered a replacement gauge, but now I'm question the problem. It seems like I have 24v on the "Signal" wire, and that can't be good. I have the TMs, but struggling to find a test procedure to narrow down how the gauge failed. And it looks like the gauge needle actually bent when it went full CC.
I appreciate any insight.
Thank You-
Broken Fuel Gauge.jpg

papakb

Yes, they are polarity sensative. If you look at the connectors you will see one is smooth and one is ribbed. They need to be connected ribbed to ribbed and smooth to smooth.

dlr2112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they are polarity sensative. If you look at the connectors you will see one is smooth and one is ribbed. They need to be connected ribbed to ribbed and smooth to smooth.
Perfect. I didn't even notice that when I was making the connections, and still wouldn't've thought to observe that now (without your input). Thank you for the info! Just in time too, as the replacement gauge is arriving today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks