• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2005 Silverado Seats

mcne2026

I am looking at installing a pair of seats from a 05 Silverado. It is not a direct bolt in, but looks fairly easy using the stock M1009 Cucv floor brackets. My concern is the height. Has anyone done this? Are they going to be to tall if I mount them on the stock floor brackets? I really like the integrated seat belt and the heated seat.

mangus580

My guess is, they will not be too tall. The 1009 seats sit lower than a pickup to begin with, by probably 2-3" You might find they are about perfect when mounted.

On the seatbelt, how do they attach? You want to make sure that they are still 'functional' when you are done.

mcne2026

The seatbelts are fully integrated into the seat on the newer GM SUVs & Trucks. They do not mount to the vehicle at all. Only have to worry about the seat mounts. That is why they are so popular and expensive. They also have a flat mounting surface so they are easy to modify to fit into almost anything.

Unless I am thinking of another vehicle, the seat brackets that mount to the floor of the CUCV M1009 are flat and level (left to right).

mangus580

Yup, they are.

You might want to add some bolts between the stock 1009 seat mount and the floor, for some extra strength, for the seatbelts.