• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2021 MVPA Convention, South Bend Indiana

Planning to attend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
South Bend Indiana

Anyone planning to attend? Is Steel Soldiers planning to have a booth/area to meet up? If not maybe someone more familiar with the area/venue could make a suggestion? Any additional info is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to attending and meeting fellow MV collectors.

Here's a couple other threads related to the convention,

Last edited:

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of four spots reserved right across the aisle from the vehicle display tents in the outdoor section. If the steelsoldiers crowd wants to make that a rally point, its fine by me. Also, Mwmules will be setup right beside me as well.

Z

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
The thread "where did all the big trucks go?" also pertains to the convention.

Best,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com
Thanks David for the reminder, here's the thread David mentioned and I will add a link to his thread for this one. Just so people can find it easily, maybe peak their interest.

reloader64

Myself, Pawnshop, and M813rc are planning to attend. Hotel rooms were secured this week. We won't have anything to display or sell, but I suspect we'll be spending a lot of time in the vendor area.:rolleyes: It's been a few years, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Scott

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Myself, Pawnshop, and M813rc are planning to attend. Hotel rooms were secured this week. We won't have anything to display or sell, but I suspect we'll be spending a lot of time in the vendor area.:rolleyes: It's been a few years, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Scott
I don't know what hotel you all booked at, but the Courtyard and DoubleTree are directly across the street from the convention site, and the Aloft is about a block away (easy walk). If you book with the MVPA reservation codes (seen on the MVPA website), you will get several perks (mostly related to food/parking/internet). For what it is worth - there are many places to eat, or get a drink, either along the two streets behind the Courtyard and DoubleTree, or along the street AM General HQ is on (which is also an easy walk from the convention) - just walk across the bridge spanning the St. Joseph river.

Best wishes,
David

tobyS

I live about 35 miles south of SB. The Fulton County Museum is right on US 31 and would make a good staging area for a convoy. There is overnight primitive camping and room for semis. I'll check with the museum to make sure the date is open. Their calendar shows open. Bring a canoe for the Tippecanoe river.

Last edited:

reloader64

I don't know what hotel you all booked at, but the Courtyard and DoubleTree are directly across the street from the convention site, and the Aloft is about a block away (easy walk). If you book with the MVPA reservation codes (seen on the MVPA website), you will get several perks (mostly related to food/parking/internet). For what it is worth - there are many places to eat, or get a drink, either along the two streets behind the Courtyard and DoubleTree, or along the street AM General HQ is on (which is also an easy walk from the convention) - just walk across the bridge spanning the St. Joseph river.

Best wishes,
David
I appreciate the info.
I found a hotel with good customer reviews and a decent price, but I have no idea where it is in relation to the convention. We don't mind driving in from somewhere in town. We may walk up and down the street some once we get there.

Scott

tobyS

I checked with the Fulton Counry Museum, located about 35 miles south of south bend on US31. Is availabe for camping, meeting up and any staging for a convoy. No charges. Electricity is up by the buildings, water too.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I appreciate the info.
I found a hotel with good customer reviews and a decent price, but I have no idea where it is in relation to the convention. We don't mind driving in from somewhere in town. We may walk up and down the street some once we get there.

Scott
Scott where are you guys staying?

I will be set up outside next to ZiggyO , so should be easy to find.
Don't really have a clue what I will be bringing

I do have a surplus of GREEN canvas skins for the 16X16 light weight frame tents and the MCP tents, so if you need a full skin or just a chunk, roof, end, entry wall, window wall of liner piece let me know and I will tote it up there.

Last edited:

reloader64

MW,
We're staying at the Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka. I think it's in the suburbs, but it had good reviews, and the price was reasonable.

I'm not looking for anything in particular, but let the other guys know. We'll definitely stop by your table and visit!

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks