• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

209-20P misprint?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading Mudlord's post about front axle thrust washers on another topic I pulled out the old 209-20P to look at the diagram. On page 126 of the 20P it hase a picture of the front axle shaft. Item number 10 says it's a seal and item number 9 a thrust washer. I pretty sure this is wrong ( or my axle is put together wrong). I think 9 should be the seal and 10 the washer.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: 20p

papercu said:
Which version are you looking at? My copy is 9-2320-209-20P Oct 1976 with Change 2 dated Dec 1989. Wayne
It's the 1965 version.

papercu

books

When these books are printed lots of little things (and some big things) was left out, turned around or was just a mistake. There are pages in the back for the guys in the field to send in whatever they found needed to be changed.
If it was important the info was first added to the PS magazine, then when enough items was collected, a change order would be issued correcting the manual.
I have seen some manuals with up to 20 change orders and I remember when the first change order came out for the HMMWV -10, it was as big as the original manual.
When dealing with the older trucks, it's best to use the manuals and any change orders that was issued, that was made for your truck.
As the trucks theirselves was updated The newer manual might not have what you need. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks