• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20k front hydraulic winch

HN6

I tried pulling a 40' connex with the winch yesterday. Prior to hooking the big winch up I used my 8k warn electric. The 8k warn did a better job.

I remember someone else complaining about no power with the front winch on these big trucks. Thinking about redoing the valves as well. Not very user friendly but definitely soldier safe.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I tried pulling a 40' connex with the winch yesterday. Prior to hooking the big winch up I used my 8k warn electric. The 8k warn did a better job.

I remember someone else complaining about no power with the front winch on these big trucks. Thinking about redoing the valves as well. Not very user friendly but definitely soldier safe.
It's better to use the winch to lift the one end and let the truck drag it.

It's only a 20,000lb winch. Not 20ton on a 5 ton.

Winch should have pulled it or drug your truck back in.

The rear winch on a wrecker Is 45k. It won't pull the wrecker out unless you can get up higher to release the suction and not bulldoze

HN6

It's better to use the winch to lift the one end and let the truck drag it.

It's only a 20,000lb winch. Not 20ton on a 5 ton.

Winch should have pulled it or drug your truck back in.

The rear winch on a wrecker Is 45k. It won't pull the wrecker out unless you can get up higher to release the suction and not bulldoze

Ooops yes 20k . We also had the connex on telephone poles so the it would roll no luck. I put the truck in reverse and just pulled it.

HN6

What gear did you have the truck in when running the winch?
Neutral. I did rev the rpms up but I did not try it in gear. I thought it would be simple like my hydraulic winch system on my boat. engage the hydros and system ready. need a little more power add a few rpms.

HN6

Which TM would I reference for the winch? I looked a little yesterday but no success.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks