• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 volt battery ?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An auto or truck parts store (no, not like Autozone). Several manufacturers such as Associated, Good-all, Solar make them. Sears might have them as well.

ssgtwright-usmc

Any Trucker supply store or tractor store.
Some carry and some dont so its 50/50 on who is in your area or close to you.
That would be the first places that I would look at first.
You might have luck by going to a Truck Stop since most Truck Stops now carry everything that a trucker might need.
Let us know what rought you went, e-bay, auto store, on-line and ect...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a note....unless you have a 24-volt battery, it is better to charge two series connected 12-volt batteries individually. Having said that, I'm aware of 24-volt batteries used in gensets and other equipment.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i got a napa brand 24v 5 amp battery maintainer thining it was 70.00 or so. that was the only one i could find in my one horse town.

m139h2otruck

I think the best thing we have added to the 5 ton water truck is a solar powered charger, which we got off E-bay for about $70. Since a pair of new batteries is at least $150 the solar charger is well worth it if the batteries last twice as long as "normal". Also have a unit on the tractor "work in progress" and it was started on Sunday after setting for over 3 months. Batteries acted like it had been run every day and had a full charge @ 25 +/- volts!!