• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 Volt to 12 Volt Step Down

countywacker

Hi,

I have to install a 24v to 12v step down on a duce and a half. The truck is currently being used as a brush truck and we need to run the normal 12v items such as radio, siren and red emergency lights. I need a unit that has at least 5 connections.

I've looked around online and there is a ton of options. But is there converter that anyone favors before I purchase?

countywacker

Let me amend my last post. I'm thinking of just running a connection from the voltage converter to a 6 position fuse block.

So I will not need a multiple connection converter. Just a single should work.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a multitude out there reasonably cheap. Just get one that will cover the amps and watts you need. Some folks add a second 12 volt alternator on as well. If you run off one battery keep it mind it WILL cause an imbalance eventually. Depends on your usage really.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have used Vanner and Newmar, both good units. First you should figure your current draw, then find one with a tad more capacity.I may have a spare Newmar, if interested PM me.

countywacker

I have used Vanner and Newmar, both good units. First you should figure your current draw, then find one with a tad more capacity.I may have a spare Newmar, if interested PM me.
I tried PM'ing you and it said your box was full.

Cab you send me the info on the unit you have for sale.

2deuce

How is it done with a 12 volt trailer... brakes and all? As far as creating an imbalance from working off only 1 battery, can you move your batteries around if one starts showing a little lower charge when full?

Thanks

rustystud

How is it done with a 12 volt trailer... brakes and all? As far as creating an imbalance from working off only 1 battery, can you move your batteries around if one starts showing a little lower charge when full?

Thanks
If you use a "Vanner" it pulls power from both batteries for your 12 volt circuit, and feeds both batteries when charging.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks