• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24v spotlight like those found on bridge trucks, wreckers

cruzinz28

I am looking for one, possibly two 24v spotlights to mount on my truck for night time recovery or work. Does anyone have any they are willing to part with or know where they have seen any for sale. thanks for the help!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are you referring to the larger spotlights seen on wreckers or bridge trucks that mount using a wishbone shaped mounting bracket or are you referring to the smaller lights that were originally used as headlights on armored vehicles?

The big ones can be found on ebay most of the time and the smaller armor headlights can be had by an eBarf seller who goes by the user name "beltfed34".

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try kicking the leaves in your yard, that's how Kendelrio found his:-D

cruzinz28

lights

That would be them. Thanks for the picture too Phil. Those lights are in pheonominal shape! Where did you locate them?

Stonepicker1

A DS Military unit was cleaning house(they put alot of items in 30 ft dumpsters, 7ea) for trash. Its the stuff that they brought back from Iraq and didn't want to take the time to do the paper work to do the turn-in.

So I am a dumpster diver. :-D

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure would have dove in that dumpster! I did it all the time in the Navy, you wouldn't believe what they just throw out! Most of the time it never made it to the dumpster on the pier, we would get 12miles out, and *SPLASH*

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A DS Military unit was cleaning house(they put alot of items in 30 ft dumpsters, 7ea) for trash. Its the stuff that they brought back from Iraq and didn't want to take the time to do the paper work to do the turn-in.

So I am a dumpster diver. :-D
Phil, I suspected that is what happened. I wished I had gotten there before all the GP tent poles went away. Saw them. waited a day and lost out!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEY! My leaves are magic leaves.... not only did I find the lights, but also the toggle switch AND plate to mate them all up.

See the "My Wife's Gumbo ROCKS" thrtead to see how I mounted them.

steelandcanvas

You can find them on eGay from time to time. I bid on a set that went for about $90, the seller had another pair so I got "second chance". I think I ended up paying about $50 for the pair, shipped. I put them in the blast cabinet, primed, and painted, now I'm waiting to paint the truck so I can install them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You may want to go with these since they are more readily available. The white lens version in the upper part of the picture, unless you use night vision goggles. If you need help finding them, PM me (if I still have mailbox space available in my PM's). You may also want to check out this previous thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=23925&highlight=lights

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks