• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

250 Cummins oil filter housing?

citizensoldier

I changed the oil and filter in the M816 today. When I pulled the filter housing off there is no gasket between the two? Is this right? In the lube order it mentions a gasket but no pictures of this.. It is a strange set up and I am unsure what is supposed to be there.. Anyone have a blow up?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there should be. There is a parts manual in the TM section that has an exploded view.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes there is a gasket on there it might have fallen off while you pulled it out. but beleive me you didnt run it without that gasket as it will leak all the oil out super fast.

Gamagoat1

Two gaskets, one at the open end, rubber, and one on the bolt, copper. Both should be changed each time you change a filter. Neither gasket comes with a filter, you must order them sep.(at least at NAPA)

citizensoldier

RE: Re: RE: 250 Cummins oil filter housing?

Well.. Maybe they had to do some emergency repair in the field! Mine was re-enstalled with black permatex.. After cleaning out the bottom and checking close on the engine block all it had was chucks of permatex! :x It was leaking a small amount towards the block.. I was able to get a gasket yesterday from my auto store.. She is back on the road with no leaks.. I took the wrecker, deuce with M149 and R-2 crash truck with genset trailer up to the Legion Hall for 400 kids to crawl all over today.. They had there Veterans appreciation day. Every switch in all three vehicles was flipped when I came to start driving them home. Good thing I pulled the battery cables on the big trucks and the little bugger found the master switch on the R-2.. LOL..

jwaller

Good thought here...is that what you've done Jon? Have a pic of your setup?
yes there is a whole thread about just this. search for spin on filter and nhc 250 and you will see it. it's prob on the first page of the 5T section.

you can thank me later, better filter, easier and has drainback protection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks