• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

27,700 lbs Deuce

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a record, but still a lot of weight. Hauling some crushed limestone for a friend. Truck with 6.7 tons on it weighs 27,700. 27,700-23,550 GVWR puts me at 4150 lbs overweight. Was able to do 50-55 mph, just took a while to get to speed. Brakes worked good.

Should have taken a pic of the loader, didn't even have 1/2 bucket and filled my truck full!

Thank god for the dump add-on, I DON'T want to unload this by hand. Dump didn't have any problem lifting the load.

Still had couple of inches before the truck would hit the bumpstops. This is about the max I would load the truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet it was pretty smooth with that load .. no hopping around or bump steer on the road!

6.7 / 5 = 134% load
6.7 / 2.5 = 268% load (offroad)

what is the record for load in a deuce?

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Listen,

I think the real story here is who shoveled all that off the truck?!
Once upon a time I had a Chevy 1 ton dump and offered to help my brother's father in law haul some gravel. It was one of those "self serve" quarries where you pull under the hopper and pull the cable yourself. I let the father in law yank the cable while I walked around the truck to check the tires. While I was minding my own business he puts 3 tons in the truck. The tires are almost scrubbing the bed, the truck only rolls in granny low, it was unbelievable! Then we get home and the dump cylinder won't pick it up so we had to shovel it. I swear someone was putting gravel back in while I was throwing it over the side.

acetomatoco

Put you right in CDL Territory... I sold a M800 series cargo to a quarry and they carry 40000lb blocks of stone on it in off road low range short haul.... grosses at 65000....ACE

No.2Diesel

Nice load Stretch!! I envy your dump conversion. I really need to start on one. It takes my Bro and I 15 min. to shovel and sweep 5cu. yds. by hand. Whew! Here is a pic of one of my many sand loads. My bed lowered exactly 2". No scale but the OM says 16,200lbs. for moist sand. The link to Jwallers pics don't work anymore. Could you repost them? I'd love to see 20K+ in there.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most I have ever heard of in a deuce was almost 20 tons, that's 40,000 lbs! I'm not sure what the load was, but the source was reputable. He said that it was a one-way trip across the base SLOWLY, down to the axles, but the deuce was all they had to do the job.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris- Had both axles connected. Some nice tire slid around sharp corners.

I was looking for the other thread, I remembered seeing 34,000 with sand in a deuce. He had the troop seats on, and the sand was pretty high.

Dennis

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks