• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

...28v. Homelite gen.

L999here

Need some help to ID an older Homelite Corp. gas generator(1952 contract) mod.#20.5D28-23A. Has a brass plate with pertinent info and the SNL NO. 17-4770.210-400 manual listed. What was this generator used for...? It is listed as a .5KW DC model and is mounted on a spring-loaded plate and weighs about 87 lbs. There are two built in rubber coated handles and it is self contained. Turns over easily and is rope pull-start. Anybody know what this was used for....? Take a look at the pic's and let us know....

Attachments

L999here

...OK....!!!

Thank you for the info. My first guess would be a generator to charge the batteries on a duce or some similar piece of US GI equipment that had a 24vdc power source. Believe that the power source on the M45 quad mount is 12vdc,but have not researched this yet. Any other guess's....? Someone else find out what this might be used for....? I plan to rebuild/restore this little gem and charge the duce batteries to see if it works OK...

Carter

One of the data plates on mine reads Corps of Engineers and I believe if the set was for charging truck batteries it would be tagged as Ordnance Corps not Engineer equipment.

L999here

...found out usage/..

After a few licks at the net,found that this generator was to provide power to the M45/55 quad mount while the half track was not running. Just cleaned the carb,gas tank and fuel lines and checked out the spark plug. Everything looks OK and all seals/gaskets are in good shape. Since it is a 2-stroke,it says to use 30 wt motor oil,G.I. type. Soon as I get some gas and a rope to start it,I'll make the attempt. Might just save the back and arms and use the duce to crank it up....LOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks