• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3.5mA draw, 12volts

Will that amp draw run a battery down. I'm thinking not, that's likely just my radio's memory function, but seems worth asking.
I bypassed the blackout light switches. Actually just the one with six prongs. I had to run two jumpers, one for all the regular lights, and one for the brake lights. I tried jumping all the other circuits, but nothing lit up, guess I think the blackout lights are permanently blacked out.
Wired a stereo into an ammo can, put a row of switches into it on the bottom, installed a few grommets to run the wires in and out of, and mounted it to the bracket on the dashboard. All the switches are connected to power, and have splices installed on the output wires waiting for use. The stereo is one of the best made: Walmarts cheapest. I don't have door lock keys yet, so not so much to lose, plus I've had it in use in my shop for a year now. Haven't wired speakers yet, and drilled through three layers of sheet metal to route the antennae wire, and mounted the antennae, but it doesn't reach the stereo.
Found the glow plug card. Assuming the ford type relay on the fire wall is the glowplug relay. The wire from the front battery connects to something on the firewall also, assuming this is the resistor? That's where I went for 12volt axillary power. What is the purpose of this resistor?, it already has 12volt going into it, what does it do with the voltage, and why?
When I was trying the plug to the other blackout switch, I did hear a relay, where is it? I could use it to power something.
One blackout switch has two positions, seems like a simple, double throw, double pole switch. The other has just one throw, but controls two circuits, it doesn't stay in any position, ie. returns to center. Is this correct for the switch?
If anyone wants these switches, for that authentic look, lets work a swap of some sort. I could use two heavy duty, temporary on switches, ie. toggle type horn switches, or blackout light for the front, or...
I also still have the whole slave cable assembly I took out of it.

Last edited:

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 3.5mA draw is okay. Just make sure you drive it once a month or so.

On the CUCV FAQ thread (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=20600) there is a shot of the firewall with what I think you are talking about in regards to the wire from the front battery (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81787&d=1208804786). This would be the 12 volt buss and is not connected to the ballast resistor. The ballast resistor is to the right of the 12 volt buss (also pointed out in the picture mentioned above). Not sure what you are seeing that is also connected to the 12 volt buss. Can you post a picture of it?

Ruppster
1962 Dodge C700
1970 Dodge CT800
1985 M1009 Blazer
www.dodge-semis.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks