• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 cylinder M35

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you start this truck up it like its running on 3 cylinders. You have to hold the pedal to the floor to keep her running. After say 2 minutes or so she will come up to speed and idle, run and drive fine. It goes down the road fine .

This all starts over after you park it overnight. Any ideas?

Fuel Filters maybe?

Chuck

poppop

Sounds like fuel is bleeding back and air in the system. Is the intank pump working. My dump truck does this but the tank pump is dead. It fires on one cylinder and gradually picks up the rest. Have to spin it a while to get fuel pumped up. A couple friends had trouble with theres and found rotted rubber lines letting air in and fuel leak out.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Go through and tighten all the fuel return lines between the injectors and if you have a flame heater, tighten all those lines too. I did that on my last truck and it solved the problem. My current truck needed new o-rings in the flame heater nozzle, it helped but the o-rings arent the correct ones. If you have the clear return lines you'll be able to see bubbles going through the lines after the engine is shut off and the fuel starts to drain back down. I replaced all my old return lines with black air lines from napa and got all new brass ferrules from Lowes.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The in tank fuel pump is working fine. Thanks for the help. I will see if tightening the fuel lines and changing the filers makes any difference. It has no visible fuel leaks.

Chuck Herbert