• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 Lever Light Switch Help Needed

renovate7

I pulled apart the light switch that came in this truck and didn't work. The main power wire comes in and goes thru a black "cap" that is glued to the back inside. There is a flat metal disc with 2 contacts that goes in this cap. When I pulled this down the cap had seperated from the piece glued to the back. It looks like there should have been some kind of spring to keep the contact disc against the contacts in the cap. This switch is dated 2001. I hate to throw it out if all I need is a spring. Can any body shed "light" on this "switch"?

Attachments

acetomatoco

I have never had one apart, thinking there were no user serviceable parts inside. However, I do have new switches for $50 ea if the need arises. Like the time I took the heater blower switch apart on my CUCV and wound up throwing it over the garage, new one at the auto parts store for $18, made my day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, wonder why there are so many of these being sold, I was under the impression that these 3 lever switches were bulletproof, at least that is what was said when we were discussing the pushbutton switches.

Barrman

Most of them break because people don't move the "lock" lever out of the way enough when moving the top switch. Little pieces start floating around in there and shorts start to happen. At least that is my experience. I got a box of about 10 3 levers from Sermis. 3 were good and the rest didn't work on at least one setting. All of the bad ones rattled when I shook them.

drthunder33

When I opened mine (dated '92) the springs and contacts shot all over the place and there were a bunch of really small unused rivets inside loose. I couldn't for the life of me find out where they came from. Wonder of they were just thrown in at the factory? Mine had no b.o light functions.

Barrman

Yeah, I almost took the head off a student when I pulled a broken one apart a year or so ago just to see what was inside. Springs and contacts flying everywhere.

Re: RE: 3 Lever Light Switch Help Needed

Recovry4x4 said:
Hmm, wonder why there are so many of these being sold, I was under the impression that these 3 lever switches were bulletproof, at least that is what was said when we were discussing the pushbutton switches.
Mine has them push button style. I love it, But it does take some getting used to

jatonka

RE: Re: RE: 3 Lever Light Switch Help Needed

I can't seem to ever get them for $35 on ebay, they end at like $48 plus 11 shipping every time I need one. Hey Ace, any small discount for SS members? or cheap shipping? or anything? JT out

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: 3 Lever Light Switch Help Needed

Just purchased 2ea from Austin Weber (the beltfed guy) for $30, shipping included...one is known to be "bad", we'll see...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks