• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3052-A Please verify my data

wehring

I was digging in the bone yard and i found a data palate on a tranny that says 3052-A. Is this the .85 O/D tranny? I need to know before I put the wrench time into pulling it off the motor. I can not turn the shaft easily where it is stacked so I am trying here first.

Thanks for any help.

Justin

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The easyest way to tell is to shift it all the way to the right and toward where the motor would be. Then twist the input shaft. If the rear spins farther than the front in one revolution, it is overdrive. I have a 3052 that has been converted. They are normally 1:1 high, but it is infact od. Picked it up for $50.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The easyest way to tell is to shift it all the way to the right and toward where the motor would be. Then twist the input shaft. If the rear spins farther than the front in one revolution, it is overdrive. I have a 3052 that has been converted. They are normally 1:1 high, but it is infact od. Picked it up for $50.
I guess its NOT that easy for him... he said its still installed!
And YES for some trannys that were rebuilt and converted to 3053's (o.d.) but somebody forgot to change the data plate....!:x

For Justin: if it says 3053A it most prolly is one, with a .79 5th, not .85!
Suggestion: do yourself a favor and pull the top off first to check general condition before deciding to do the heavy wrenching...!

G.