• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

30D36R Price

toolkeeper

Newbie here. I am looking for a 30D36R with less than 300 hours on it. What would be a good price on one with maintenance records? The other diesels in the same rated Kw are just too big. I understand some can surge to 4.5Kw. I can be careful with how I load it, hence the search for a 30D36R.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to be a tough call. There's not a large turnover of them so no real market to base this off of. The 30D36R is mostly a civilian set that was militarized so I would think it would compare to a used civilian set of comparable size.

Triple Jim

Last edited:

toolkeeper

I had read the two threads - informative but not much help on pricing. Thanks the same.

One concern I have is the voltage regulator, not only for this model but for any non-inverter type generator and the possibility for appliance damage.

I realize this is probably a topic for a separate thread. Not only am I a newbie to this site, but to generators overall.

What protective measure can be taken with non-inverter type generators to protect sensitive appliances?

ETN550

$250 + at auction. Some have hour meters and some never did. Clean retail on a used one has been around $750 - $850. They are pretty decent Civilian Grade units. One of their neat features is the #1 coil is heavy duty and the full 3kw can be taken on a single 120vac outlet. Plus they have 240 as well. They are not so common but if you are patient you will see them come up from time to time. There are not any real issues to watch out for on these units. They have a simple capacitor type voltage regulator and no speed adjustment. They run best with diesel fuel treatment, otherwise can be a little smokey on this new fuel. There have been some late model ones going for $1,250 and they should be near new condition at that price. They are one of the smoothest running single cylinder engines, practically no vibration. Noise is less than most open frame diesels but still louder than gas sets. 3kw is all they will do. The engine won't push more. The later versions with the Hatz engine are cleaner running and more responsive overall. The German Hatz engine is very high build quality. The older Subaru / Wisconsin diesel is not as crisp or as strong as the Hatz. Hatz units are going to cost more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks