• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3126 and c7 video on a CAT update

ramdough

Just saw this video. Thought it was worth sharing. It is about Bullet Proofing your engine with an update kit. Has part numbers as well.

Thoughts? Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NDT
Just saw this video. Thought it was worth sharing. It is about Bullet Proofing your engine with an update kit. Has part numbers as well.

Thoughts? Comments?

Seen the video. Adept Ape is one smart cookie. Definitely worth investing in protecting those injectors. IMHO I believe the IFS Kit is more crucial than the CAT fix. However, you don't need to buy the IFS Kit, which is nearly $1,000. It's made of Donaldson components and hydraulic hoses which you can source yourself and buy online for about $400.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ramdough

Seen the video. Adept Ape is one smart cookie. Definitely worth investing in protecting those injectors. IMHO I believe the IFS Kit is more crucial than the CAT fix. However, you don't need to buy the IFS Kit, which is nearly $1,000. It's made of Donaldson components and hydraulic hoses which you can source yourself and buy online for about $400.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Do you have a parts list and/or another resource telling me more about it?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The filter kit makes sense for fleets that have extended oil change intervals. We should be doing 3000 mile/annual oil changes which should mean spotless oil needed for the heui pump.

Do you have a parts list and/or another resource telling me more about it?

Here's the parts list:

The Filter:

Filter status indicator:
Donaldson P171945 HYDRAULIC INDICATOR ASSEMBLY,
VISUAL
P171945

Filter Housing:
Donaldson P762770 HYDRAULIC HOUSING
P762770

The Filter Head:
Donaldson P762766 HEAD ASSEMBLY, HYDRAULIC
P762766

You make your own hydraulic hoses at your local shop.

To the point @coachgeo made, the concern isn't dirty oil. You should be changing it regularly and keeping it clean. The concern is the HEUI Pump. It's not a matter of "if" it fails, it's a matter of "when" it fails. When it does and the inside grenades, the IFS Kit prevents the shrapnel from torpedoing your injectors. With this setup, the damage is limited to flushing your hydraulic lines and changing the filter. It can be done on the road in 30 minutes, and you're on your way, provided you change the HEUI Pump too. ;-)