• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

34079 find, will it work for Vietnam era?

left_flank

I got a full, unopened can of 34079 forest green. I looked around and I cant figure out if it would be the correct for a usmc m715. I also need to figure out if the paint needs hardener or reducer....... the can has an nsn 8010-00-111-8010. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
34079 is the dark green in the MERDC 4-colour camo schemes, and is also used for a lot of equipment items like gun mounts and radio brackets (not all are painted 34079, but a lot are).

It is also used in several aircraft camo schemes, including the SEA scheme from Vietnam era.

It is a very nice shade of green, but is not Marine Green (34052/24052). It is a little too blue in hue.

By the way, in FS numbers the first number, 3, means it is a flat finish. 24079 is the same green in semi-gloss, 14079 is full gloss.

Cheers

left_flank

Thanks, that is really help full.
Im a little bummed now, I was excited to be able to use the real paint. I know someone that may want it so it isn't a total loss.

Would this be ready to spray or does it need a chemical added to be applied?