• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

35" Tires On Stock Lift M1009

LeadHead

Anyone ever done this? I'm about to trade some old 31" Super Swamper Thornbirds for a set of my choice of 35" Geolander MT's or 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers. I want to run 35's but I'm low on money and cant buy a lift kit at the moment. I'm wondering how much trimming I would need. If it's just a little bit, then I may put them on now, but if I need to trim 9/10ths of my fender off, I'll just wait until I can buy a 4" lift. My machine is a stock '85 M1009.

ororke1

I just bought some BFG T/A 35x12.5R15's and replaced my stock 31x10.5R15's. No lift kit. Trimmed just a small bit off the bottom of fender with a die grinder and it been working ok.

Attachments

LeadHead

I just bought some BFG T/A 35x12.5R15's and replaced my stock 31x10.5R15's. No lift kit. Trimmed just a small bit off the bottom of fender with a die grinder and it been working ok.
Great! How does it do off-road?
Any big change in MPG?

45FMJoe

You're going to feel the size difference if you don't re-gear the axles. I had an '07 Jeep JK with 35x12.50R17s and stock 3.21s. Even with a 6 speed manual it was a pain.